SAFETY TIPS Coronavirus
TIPS: Protect Yourselves and Players
Please follow these tips at any NYS event:
- Pre- and post-game handshakes removed from all events.
- Fans are limited to immediate family only.
- Adults over 60 or high-risk encouraged to stay home.
- Anyone feeling symptoms DO NOT attend practice or games. (Fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, etc).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover cough or sneeze with tissue, throw tissue in trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- WASH HANDS OFTEN with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after the bathroom; before eating; after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Spring 2020 | Sign Up for Spring Season
Spring into Spring Sports!
Sign up your sports star today!
Great moments are born from great opportunities.Herbert Paul Brooks, Jr.Register OnlineSpring 2020 Flyer
How to Register
- Register Online
- Mail or hand deliver the Spring 2020 Flyer
- Make checks payable to NYS.
- Attend a Registration Event.
- Attend a Tackle Certification Event.
After You Register
- Parents MUST attend the Parent/Team meeting. Meeting information can be found on the Spring 2020 Flyer or by contacting your local NYS office for details.
- Unable to make the meeting? An appointed coach should contact you by the following Tuesday after the meeting with team details. If you do not hear from a coach by that Tuesday evening, please call our office.
- TACKLE: Attend Certification Event. Information and meeting times listed under Important Dates section.
All games are played on Saturdays. Game jersey is included, unless otherwise stated under sport description. No need to do any fund-raising and no team assessment fee is required! Parents will be expected to be involved with their child’s team.
We believe in family involvement that require parents to participate in the operation of their child’s team by volunteering to coach or assist with practices or other operational duties.
Wish to volunteer? You can sign up on our registration flyer or online!
Team and Practice
NYS does not provide practice facilities and are not guaranteed. Teams are formed by closest school or zip code proximity. Area coordinators have authority to adjust league age divisions as necessary.
Each team decides practice times and locations, allowing for 1 to 3 practices per week. Indoor and lighted practice facilities may be available at an additional cost. Requested practice times cannot be honored.
Parents are expected to attend the Mandatory Parent Team Meeting. Find meeting information under Important Dates section.
All coaches are parent volunteers.
Included with Registration
All registration fees pay for the operation of the league. They cover game jersey, liability/medical/property insurance, Saturday facility and field rentals, site directors/officials and other administrative expenses. The NYS league is sponsored by a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization and receives no government funding or subsidization. Also there is no additional fundraising required such as selling candy bars, etc.
Items NOT covered are optional uniform accessories, photo packages and participation trophies, unless otherwise stated.
Some leagues have tournaments with trophies associated, but it may require an additional cost.
Game jersey is included, unless otherwise stated under sport description.
Benefits of Youth Sports
Participants of youth sports build self-esteem, develop talent, learn skills, make friends and bring the family and community together.
Youth sports also provide leadership opportunities for parents by becoming a coach. Players are able to channel their energy into a healthy activity of exercise and fitness, which will benefit the player throughout their life.
Trophy Forms & SamplesComing soon
Photo Schedule & SamplesComing soon
Haven't received your digital copy?
If by your last game, you have not received your ordered Digital Copy from that season, please email AYS.